As we enter 2021, we can positively say that the Lee Library has been saved from full closure by a small group of local volunteers who came together.
From their first meeting in early August, they soon formulated a plan of action to create the ‘Lee Hub’ to be known as an Independent Community Library for all to enjoy.
Here is what the group has achieved: -
- Established an Identity and Brand
- Expression of Interest and Business case - received green light from HCC
- Library building secured by Gosport Borough Council
- Charity Registration in motion
- 7 Trustees Recruited
- Bank Account opening in motion
- Organisational policies in-place
- 2 consultation surveys launched
- Website launched and over 800 hits
- Joined 3 voluntary networks
- Social Media active with over 700 followers, 694 likes
- 5 Grant applications submitted totalling over £20k
- Over £600 raised on GoFundMe
- Individual donations received over £2800
- Stimulated over 100 potential volunteers to make contact
- 25 people attended Zoom briefings
- 6 Promotional "call to action" banners placed around Lee
- Various posters in noticeboards and shopfronts
- Regular media articles in Portsmouth News, Advertiser, The Review.
- And much, much, more...
With everything that has been achieved, a solid foundation is now in place for this community asset for all to use.
Going forward the success, prosperity and longevity of the Lee Hub will come down to how the residents and business community come together with its usage, volunteering, and fundraising activities. Our aim is to be open in February 2021.
We ask for the community of Lee to come together and support the Lee Hub. Want to help? Get in touch at: email@example.com